Sculptor, painter and etcher Arnold Auerbach was born in Liverpool in 1898 and trained at the Liverpool School of Art, as well as in Paris and in Switzerland. He exhibited reguarly at the Royal Academy, Goupil Gallery, London, and the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool. During the Second World War Auerbach took up his first teaching post, at Beckenham School of Art and afterwards joined the staff of the Regent Street Polytechnic, initially in the School of Architecture and later in the School of Art where he taught still life and portrait painting, then moved to Chelsea School of Art, until his retirement in 1964. Afterwards he continued to teach at the Stanhope Institute until 1968. Auerbach published a number of books on sculpture and his commissions included stylized panels for the Davis Theatre cinema in Croydon in 1928. In 1944 Auerbach showed two drawings in the Ben Uri Summer exhibition. Ill health forced him to give up sculpture in the mid-1950s for painting.
2 work/s by this artist from the collection are shown below. For a more detailed record and image please click on the link.